Friday, June 11, 2010

East Sandwich, MA.

9:58PM Friday

If you're reading this, then the jig is up.

Thanks to a little tool called a timestamp, inevitably, regardless of how cool and Kerouac-esque I really am, you will learn that I'm writing this inaugural post at 10 Pm on a Friday instead of participating in anything remotely social. And so I have chosen to compromise my usual air of casual mystique to be upfront with you, hypothetical reader, by kindly placing the time and date at the beginning of this post as a gesture of good faith. Yes, it's Friday night and I just watched two PG-rated moves back-to-back. I am at peace with these facts, (especially because How To Train Your Dragon is arguably the best movie of 2010). Anyway, if we are going to have any kind of relationship at all over the next couple of weeks, might I gently suggest that you refrain from judging and/or questioning my tactics until it's all been said and done. Like Jack Bauer, my antics are only understandable in retrospect. Also, I often yell "THERES NO TIME!" at my responsible and pragmatic best friend, Chloe.

Just kidding. Her name is Emily.

And on Monday (assuming I wake up on time) we'll be embarking on a 9 day jampacked trip to the west coast. Well that's nice, but which cities are you even going to? Good question, hypothetical reader! I like your enthusiasm. Unfortunately though, seeing as I've asked Emily that question about 17 times and still can't remember the list, you will just have to wait until she posts it for you (us). If you remember from five sentences ago, she is the responsible and pragmatic one. In fact, she is at work right now! Yep, she's making the big bucks while I am here in my office (bed) listening to this song and thinking about how badly Bon Iver probably needed a post-breakup hug. But what if someone DID give him a hug and it was so healing that he never went on to conceive 'For Emma, Forever Ago'? Cripes. That is an alarmingly convincing message for an anti-hug campaign. Well luckily, according to my records, he was not hugged and so the bullet has been dodged. Re: Stacks lives on. Its most recent home is on one of many playlists being created in preparation of the trip. Its future home should be in your musical library.

Speaking of preparation, I've got some stuff to do before bedtime. It's easy to find a dashboard hula girl on eBay; it is significantly less easy to find a dashboard Jack Kerouac bobblehead.




Goodnight all.

2 comments:

  1. Wellllll looks like I am going to be an avid follower because as I sit in this office staring out the window (that looks at the equipment room of UConns football complex----not outside) I see 101 boxes of clothing that need to be inventoried and lets just say I dont wanna do that soooo instead I will be following your blog. Give me a shout out!! And Happy Trails!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. make sure you keep track of how many times the chancellor comes up in passing. you'd be surprised. perhaps you'll dine at chancellor's grille or dance at the chancellor's club. oh, and have fun on your trip and call me when/if you know you'll visit. (don't want to miss out on the best place in california, ; )...) had to throw in the ellipsis to break the otherwise awkward spacing between the smiley face and the closed parenthesis.

    ReplyDelete